Closing date for entries – 20th July 2016
At the end of September and during October, we are once again hoping to exhibit photos and drawings of ‘Old Rowley’ which may be of special interest to those who live or once lived in Rowley Village.
This year we would like to focus on ‘Schools and Sunday Schools’ in the area, and gather together as many photos and memorabilia as possible. These will be on show alongside our regular Christian Heritage Exhibition.
We would particularly like the local schools to be involved in this venture, and invite children of all ages to enter an ‘Art Competition’ the subject being….
‘My School …. (or a School in the Rowley, Blackheath, Cradley Heath or Netherton Area) …… as it was, or is now’
More about the competition
1. All entries need to be 2 dimensional (2D) and suitable to be wall-mounted. This can include paintings, drawings and collages.
2. The size of the artwork should be minimum A4 and maximum A3
3. There will be 4 age-groups: 3 – 7 years, 8 – 11 years, 12 – 17 years, and 18 +
4. Philip Adams, teacher and artist, who was born and brought up in Rowley has kindly agreed to judge the competition.
5. There will be a display of the winning entries during September & October
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IN EACH AGE GROUP
Entries to be returned to: Mrs A Burrows, 27, Beauty Bank, Cradley Heath, West Midlands B64 7HZ or handed in to your teacher to be collected before the end of the Summer term.